What is ISO 14001:2018?
ISO 14001:2018 is the International Standard for Environmental Management Systems.
ISO 14001:2018 is the principal management system standard which specifies the requirements for the formulation and maintenance of an EMS. There are three fundamental commitments required in an environmental policy that meets the requirements of ISO 14001:2018
- Prevention of pollution
- Compliance with legislation
- Continual improvement of the EMS
These obligations help drive the developments in overall environmental performance.
Who is ISO 14001:2018 applicable to?
Organizations of all types, sectors and sizes can improve their environmental performance through the implementation of this standard.
What are the benefits of ISO 14001:2018 registration?
- Improved environmental performance led by top management commitment
- Cost savings can be achieved through improved efficiencies in energy and water usage and through waste minimization
- Reduced risk of pollution incidents and other releases to the environment and therefore avoidance of unnecessary clean up costs and/or enforcement action by regulatory bodies
- Compliance with legislation through the identification of new legislation in adequate time to address appropriate issues
- Reduced risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs/prosecution
- Improved brand image as customers will see an organization that is in control of its impact on the environment
- Improved business focus and communication of environmental issues
- Improved profitability through costs reductions and improved customer satisfaction.